Friday, November 23, 2012

Walmart faces strike near Washington DC in Maryland, on Black Friday


CNN is reporting Friday morning., Nov. 23, that workers (United Food and Commercial Workers Union) are striking at the Walmart in Landover Hills, MD, in Prince Georges County MD, just east of Washington DC.

Station WUSA (9-CBS) has a preliminary story here

Because I am more busy now with my own (not yet publishable) projects, I won’t be able to get to it to photo it, but I’ll bring some embedded video as soon as it is available.  Check WJLA throughout the day for coverage.



It was not clear if the store was open for Black Friday.

The Baltimore ABC affiliate has a brief story now, link

The union has its own story here.

I’m much closer to a Target than to a Walmart. 

I wouldn’t like to have to come to work midnight Thanksgiving Day! 

No comments: