Saturday, February 28, 2015

The debate on inequality broadens as Greene, Blankfein (Goldman Sachs) weigh in



Jeff Greene, on CNN, argues for a “grown up debate” on inequality.  He pays particular attention to the need to address jobs being destroyed by new “disruptive technology”.  He mentions 3D printing as an example.  Maybe what I did is part of the problem. Here is the main link
  
  
Jean Song on CBS reports comments by CEO Lloyd Blankfein of Goldman Sachs, that income (and accumulated wealth) inequality is “destabilizing”, link here.  That is a theme of my third “Do Ask, Do Tell” book (press release from XLibris )  Blankfein wants policy changes that give everyone a chance to start at the same place in line, with equal access to education and training.  I think it can get a lot more personal and subtle than that.  (See my Drama blog, Feb. 26, 2012 and then Nov. 4, 2012, “Soulfire: The Mission in Belize”, curiously related to a question on “It’s Academic” today.  By the way, "Academic" had a lot of questions concentrated on topics covered in my books and blogs, almost like a "test" on my stuff!)


No comments: