Tuesday, December 22, 2009

General issues order banning pregnancy in his command in Iraq


A commanding general in Iraq, of the northern command, has stirred up controversy by issuing a general order banning pregnancy within his ranks, including impregnation by male soldiers, even among married servicemembers (married to one another). The commanding general is Anthony Cucolo. He has backed off, saying that no solider will be jailed, although it sounds like Article 15’s or non-judicial punishments would happen. (No, I never bought those threats during my own Army Basic in 1968 than an Article 15 would “ruin my life” but I never got one.)

Visit msnbc.com for breaking news, world news, and news about the economy



I could laugh and say, well, the Army doesn’t want gays, but now it doesn’t want straights. That leaves only the priests. Back in 1993, the Marine Corps proposed not allowing married men to enlist.

Update: Dec. 28, 2009

The New York Times has a front page story "Another Peril in the War Zones: Sexual Abuse by Fellow G.I.'s", link here. Again, the abuse problems seem to occur with heterosexuals in the military!

No comments: