Saturday, April 01, 2017

CNN covers crowdfunding for families seeking to adopt children


CNN Saturday morning ran an interesting quick report on crowdfunding for personal adoptions.
 
A family explained that the cost of the actual adoption process, especially for overseas adoptions, constrains many families.



There are many sites that enable families to get to crowdfunded sources.  There are many articles about them.  Here is a typical article.  Here is another one.

Again, I’m rather miffed, as an older person, by the openness (I could call it brazenness) of appeals for money for personal projects, even if they are socially important.  I feel a little differently (and more supportive) about artistic projects to which I feel some personal connection because of my own history.

No comments: